Vacation on a plate is the only way to describe this buttery and flaky Lemon-Caper Baked Cod. —Carolyn Schmeling, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic pepper and lemon peel. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in capers.
- Place cod in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Spoon butter mixture over fillets. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Caper Baked Cod in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p24
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Caper Baked Cod
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review