- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Add butter, wine and lemon juice to same pan; cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve with fish; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon-Butter Tilapia with Almonds
"I was actually a bit disappointed with this recipe. I baked my fish beforehand, but that wasn't the problem. I really didn't think the sauce was very good. I guess it just tasted too lemon-y and I barely tasted the butter and white wine. I don't think I'll use this again."
"So simple and easy, delicious! We will use this recipe again."
"quick to make and delicious! My picky ten year old gobbled it up!"