Lemon Butter Spritz Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, lemon juice and peel. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with a bar disk, form dough into long strips on ungreased baking sheets. Cut each strip into 2-1/4-in. pieces (do not separate pieces).
- 3. Bake 5-7 minutes or until set (do not brown). Cut into pieces again if necessary. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, cocoa, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 73 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Butter Spritz
"One of the most popular cookies on my Christmas trays!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.