Lemon-Butter Spritz Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges. Yield: about 12 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Butter Spritz Cookies
Sort By :
"Easy cookie to make and everyone loved them. I used 1 teaspoon lemon bakery emulsion (I found at cooking store) instead of lemon peel and they came out with a very nice lemon flavor. These are a keeper, will definitely make again."
"Nice, light lemon flavor. Halved recipe and used 1 1/2 T of lemon extract instead of peel. I also topped with a lemon glaze. Light and tangy-sweet."
"I would have liked more lemon flavor. I was actually surprised by the very little lemon flavor since we grated an entire lemon peel into this recipe. However, I did as one suggested and added the rest of the lemon juice in a second batch and that helped, but still would have liked a little more lemon flavor."
"I used the juice of the whole lemon instaed of just two teaspoons. Other than that, this was PERFECT for my first experience with spritz cookies!"
"I made these cookies for a Bridal Shower and everyone liked them. I would certainly make them again as the lemon gave them a nice taste.Marian Mewett, Stouffville Ontario"