- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges. Yield: about 12 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Butter Spritz Cookies
Sort By :
"These had fabulous flavor. Based on the reviews, I simply added just a touch more lemon juice, maybe 1 squeeze, and they had just the right amount of lemon flavor. Plus, I reduce the amount of sugar in everything- try it, you won't miss it!"
"Easy cookie to make and everyone loved them. I used 1 teaspoon lemon bakery emulsion (I found at cooking store) instead of lemon peel and they came out with a very nice lemon flavor. These are a keeper, will definitely make again."
"Nice, light lemon flavor. Halved recipe and used 1 1/2 T of lemon extract instead of peel. I also topped with a lemon glaze. Light and tangy-sweet."
"I would have liked more lemon flavor. I was actually surprised by the very little lemon flavor since we grated an entire lemon peel into this recipe. However, I did as one suggested and added the rest of the lemon juice in a second batch and that helped, but still would have liked a little more lemon flavor."
"I used the juice of the whole lemon instaed of just two teaspoons. Other than that, this was PERFECT for my first experience with spritz cookies!"