Lemon-Butter Spritz Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges. Yield: about 12 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Butter Spritz Cookies(10)
Sort By :
Easy cookie to make and everyone loved them. I used 1 teaspoon lemon bakery emulsion (I found at cooking store) instead of lemon peel and they came out with a very nice lemon flavor. These are a keeper, will definitely make again.
Nice, light lemon flavor. Halved recipe and used 1 1/2 T of lemon extract instead of peel. I also topped with a lemon glaze. Light and tangy-sweet.
I would have liked more lemon flavor. I was actually surprised by the very little lemon flavor since we grated an entire lemon peel into this recipe. However, I did as one suggested and added the rest of the lemon juice in a second batch and that helped, but still would have liked a little more lemon flavor.
I used the juice of the whole lemon instaed of just two teaspoons. Other than that, this was PERFECT for my first experience with spritz cookies!
I made these cookies for a Bridal Shower and everyone liked them. I would certainly make them again as the lemon gave them a nice taste.
Marian Mewett, Stouffville Ontario