Lemon Butter Salmon
This lip-smacking Lemon Butter Salmon from Karla Seville of Waynesboro, Pennsylvania makes for an easy, breezy supper to serve family or friends out on the patio some warm night. As an extra-special touch, you might add a 4-ounce package of salad shrimp to the remaining lemon butter, then spoon over the salmon before serving.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 5 salmon fillets or steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in butter; whisk in lemon juice,
- salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Transfer 2/3 cup to a serving bowl;
- set aside.
- Place salmon in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with
- remaining lemon butter. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 10-15 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with reserved lemon
- butter. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 2 tablespoons lemon butter equals 479 calories, 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 1,177 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.