Lemon-Butter Red Potatoes Recipe
At her home in Dewey, Arizona, Jane Walker can fix this stovetop side dish in a snap. She needs just a handful of herbs and spices to season the lemony glaze that coats the red potatoes.
- 10 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Drain potatoes; top with lemon butter. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 270 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC