Lemon-Butter Red Potatoes Recipe
- 10 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Drain potatoes; top with lemon butter. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 270 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Butter Red Potatoes
"Not bad, But the lemon flavor was a little to much."
"I thought these were a bit too lemony. If I were to make them again I would reduce the amount of lemon juice. I personally would prefer just a hint of lemon instead of having it as the dominant flavor, as seemed to be the case here. I also didn't have any chives so I substituted 1 tbsp dried oregano for them. Very easy to make though!"