At her home in Dewey, Arizona, Jane Walker can fix this stovetop side dish in a snap. She needs just a handful of herbs and spices to season the lemony glaze that coats the red potatoes.
- 10 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Drain potatoes; top with lemon butter. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Butter Red Potatoes in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p45
Reviews for Lemon-Butter Red Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review