Lemon-Butter New Potatoes Recipe
With an abundance of potatoes in our garden each summer, I often make this easy recipe. We love the combination of parsley and spices, and the lemony butter sauce. They make a great accompaniment to grilled fish. —Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 12 small red potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Peel a strip from around each potato. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or just until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the lemon juice, salt, lemon peel, pepper and nutmeg. Drain potatoes and place in a serving bowl. Pour butter mixture over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
3 potatoes equals 238 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC