Lemon-Butter New Potatoes Recipe
- 12 small red potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Peel a strip from around each potato. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or just until tender.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the lemon juice, salt, lemon peel, pepper and nutmeg. Drain potatoes and place in a serving bowl. Pour butter mixture over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lemon-Butter New Potatoes
Sort By :
Am anxious to try this - love lemon. Suggest roasting potatoes & sauce in oven instead of boiling and adding sauce.
Thought this was easy although it did take me longer than 20 minutes to get everything washed, peeled and put together, actually took me 35 minutes. Since I tend to clean as I go, I'm slow sometimes. I did not use that much butter. I used 2T of marg and 2T of olive oil. I did add a tbs of rosemary because I thought it needed a little extra.
Easy to make and a great sauce.
I would cut lemon to 1 tbls but will try again!
The lemon was way too over powering in this. I would probably leave most of it out if i were to try this again.