Lemon-Butter Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 pound fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Cut brussels sprouts in half. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until sprouts begin to brown.
- 2. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in broth, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until sprouts are tender.
- 3. Stir in butter and lemon peel until butter is melted. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup equals 208 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Butter Brussels Sprouts
"The three adults at our table had a split decision on this one. Husband (who normally doesn't gravitate toward sprouts) and daughter (who always likes them) thought they were quite good. Husband postulated that the white wine reduced some of the inherent bitterness that comes frequently with brussels sprouts. I, however, thought the lemon was a bit too much and I followed the recipe exactly! Not sure I will make again. If I do, I will simply reduce the lemon for my tastes."
"As previous reviews noted a very easy recipe and very tasty. I did not change a thing when I made it. No need to make any changes. This a keeper I will make again and again."
"Made as written. Wonderful tasting quick recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"Husband and I love these! Made just as written - very tasty and a welcome change to roasted sprouts."
"Brussies have always been one of our favorite veggies, so when I saw this recipe, I just had to give it a whirl. I have made a similar version but this one takes it up a few bumps, especially with the lemon. As a volunteer field editor, I highly recommend this recipe, and it will be a regular on my table."
"I do not really care for brussel sprouts but know that I need to incorporate more "greens" into my diet so I tried this recipe. Surprisingly, it was very good. I loved the zing of the lemon juice. I did add some cayenne pepper to give it some zip. I will definitely make this again and add some crumbled bacon."
"These are the best Brussels sprouts I have ever had"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.