Lemon-Butter Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 pound fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Cut brussels sprouts in half. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until sprouts begin to brown.
- 2. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in broth, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until sprouts are tender.
- 3. Stir in butter and lemon peel until butter is melted. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup equals 208 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Butter Brussels Sprouts
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.