Lemon Brussels Sprouts
The younger the sprouts, the more delicate the flavor is in this recipe. This is a great side dish and colorful when garnished with lemon curls and a little thinly sliced sweet onion.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- Cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. In a small
- microwave-safe bowl, combine the brussels sprouts, onion, water and
- oil. Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until
- crisp-tender, stirring once. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to
- coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 73 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.