Add a hint of citrus to your vegetables with an attractive side dish. Ideal with most any entree, this time-saving specialty dresses up broccoli, pimientos and onions with a dash of lemon. —Tonya Farmer, Iowa City, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Meanwhile, melt butter; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drain broccoli; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8