- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Place in a large bowl. Pour oil mixture over broccoli; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Broccoli with Garlic
Sort By :
I haven't made this actual recipe yet, but that's a lot of fat for a vegetable dish. Instead of steaming the broccoli first, I like to lightly saute the broccoli in just a bit of oil or even in an olive oil non-stick spray with a little garlic (cooking mellows the flavor of the garlic) and pepper or a little seasoned salt. A spritz of lemon on top would make a nice finish, but not overwhelm the broccoli. We also like adding a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Definitely good... The lemon and garlic together are really strong though so it's definitely not for everyone.
Lemon broccoli with garlic is a family favourite in our home and one we make when we have all the ingredients. It's a keeper, for sure, and going in my recipe box.
I made this for my next days lunch to take to work. It's easy, and I like the sweet & sour aspect of the lemon juice with the broccoli.
I made this for my next days lunch to take to work. It's easy, ad I like the sweet & sour aspect of the lemon juice with the broccoli.
More Recipe Collections
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >