Lemon Broccoli Pasta
"This pleasant pasta toss is delicious, simple to make and uses just one saucepan," writes Margaret Fuhrman of Erie, Pennsylvania. "My family and friends really like it, so I serve it often," she adds.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, combine the broth, lemon juice and peel, garlic powder
- and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and broccoli. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain;
- stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream) equals 238 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 meat.