Add a hint of citrus to your vegetables with an attractive side dish. Ideal with most any entree, this time-saving specialty dresses up broccoli, pimientos and onions with a dash of lemon. —Tonya Farmer, Iowa City, Iowa
Featured In: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 3 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, melt butter; stir in remaining ingredients. Drain broccoli; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Broccoli in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p53
Reviews for Lemon Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2012
"This was really good! I've also added cauliflower with the broccoli with excellent results."
Reviewed May. 14, 2010