Add a hint of citrus to your vegetables with an attractive side dish. Ideal with most any entree, this time-saving specialty dresses up broccoli, pimientos and onions with a dash of lemon. —Tonya Farmer, Iowa City, Iowa
- 3 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, melt butter; stir in remaining ingredients. Drain broccoli; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Broccoli in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p53
Reviews for Lemon Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review