I serve these lively, layered parfaits as a refreshing start to a busy day. You can make the couscous mixture ahead, cover and chill. —Janelle Lee, Appleton, Wisconsin
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup sliced peeled kiwifruit
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Chopped crystallized ginger and minced fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, bring milk and salt to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until milk is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, honey and lemon peel. Stir in couscous.
- Combine the kiwi, blueberries and raspberries; spoon 1/4 cup into each of six parfait glasses. Layer with couscous mixture and remaining fruit. Garnish with ginger and mint. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Breakfast Parfaits in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p82
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Breakfast Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review