Lemon Breakfast Parfaits Recipe
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup sliced peeled kiwifruit
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Chopped crystallized ginger and minced fresh mint
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring milk and salt to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until milk is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, honey and lemon peel. Stir in couscous.
- 3. Combine the kiwi, blueberries and raspberries; spoon 1/4 cup into each of six parfait glasses. Layer with couscous mixture and remaining fruit. Garnish with ginger and mint. Yield: 6 servings.
1 parfait equals 146 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.