Lemon Bran Muffins
Bran cereal lends heartiness to these lemon-poppy seed muffins. For a sweet-tangy finishing touch, drizzle on the confectioners' sugar glaze.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups All-Bran
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine bran and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir
- in the egg, oil and lemon juice. Combine the flour, sugar, baking
- powder and salt; stir into bran mixture just until moistened. Fold
- in poppy seeds and lemon peel.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist
- crumbs. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Yield: 1