Bran cereal lends heartiness to these lemon-poppy seed muffins. For a sweet-tangy finishing touch, drizzle on the confectioners' sugar glaze.
- 2 cups All-Bran
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine bran and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the egg, oil and lemon juice. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into bran mixture just until moistened. Fold in poppy seeds and lemon peel.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Bran Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p39
Reviews for Lemon Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review