- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-2/3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine remaining flour with baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Fold in lemon peel and berries.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack. Brush glaze on top and sides of cake. Cool. To serve, cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 18 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Tea Cake
Sort By :
"This is a wonderful recipe! I doubled the recipe and put it in a 9x13 pyrex dish. After the cake was done, I took a chopstick, poked holes in the cake and poured the glaze over top of the cake. Excellent!"