Lemon-Blueberry Tea Bread Recipe
Moist slices of this cake-like bread are bursting with blueberries and lots of lemon flavor. — Wendy Masters, Grand Valley, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. Combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 226 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC