- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Lemon-Blueberry Tea Bread
Sort By :
"I made this recipe for guests visiting for dinner... I watched as it was the first dish to be cleaned off! ha ha ha! No left overs and still requests for more : ) It didn't crumble and was easy to slice. Since I used frozen blueberries, I put the blueberries in the flour mixture and give them a good coating before gently adding liquid ingredients. This keeps the color intact and prevents making the batter blue ; )"
"excellent bread- bright citrus flavor, moist for days. This slices nicely, freeze great"
"This is awesome bread. The only things I did different were, I added lemon extract instead of vanilla, added 1 TBS lemon rind, because I really like the lemon flavor. I also used coconut milk instead of 2%. This is a keeper and will be made many more times. Thanks for sharing!"