- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Lemon-Blueberry Tea Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p198
Reviews for Lemon-Blueberry Tea Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review