- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup blueberry spreadable fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the egg yolk, water and vanilla; add to crumb mixture. Stir until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into an 11-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; trim even with edge of pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients; pour into crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, microwave blueberries and spreadable fruit on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly around the edges; stir. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Gently spoon over filling. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Tart
Sort By :
"fantastic lemon flavor. reminded me of a lemon square. but I altered the topping alittle by cooking 2 cups blueberries, 1/4 tsp cornstarch, l tbsp. sugar, 2 tbsp. water and cooked it down til it was thickened. Then added that to the top. I think its a better topping."
"I loved this dessert when our Country Woman staff voted it best in the magazine's berry recipe contest and have made it at home several times since. I found that it works well to pat the dough into the pan rather than roll it. The tart is pretty and lusciousâ€”a wonderful treat when blueberries are in season.Ann Kaiser, EditorCountry Woman"