Lemon Blueberry Tart Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup blueberry spreadable fruit
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the egg yolk, water and vanilla; add to crumb mixture. Stir until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough into an 11-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; trim even with edge of pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients; pour into crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5. For topping, microwave blueberries and spreadable fruit on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly around the edges; stir. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Gently spoon over filling. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 308 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Tart
"fantastic lemon flavor. reminded me of a lemon square. but I altered the topping alittle by cooking 2 cups blueberries, 1/4 tsp cornstarch, l tbsp. sugar, 2 tbsp. water and cooked it down til it was thickened. Then added that to the top. I think its a better topping."
"I loved this dessert when our Country Woman staff voted it best in the magazine's berry recipe contest and have made it at home several times since. I found that it works well to pat the dough into the pan rather than roll it. The tart is pretty and luscious—a wonderful treat when blueberries are in season.Ann Kaiser, EditorCountry Woman"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.