Lemon Blueberry Tart Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup blueberry spreadable fruit
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the egg yolk, water and vanilla; add to crumb mixture. Stir until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough into an 11-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; trim even with edge of pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients; pour into crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5. For topping, microwave blueberries and spreadable fruit on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly around the edges; stir. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Gently spoon over filling. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 308 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.