Lemon Blueberry Shortcakes Recipe
Who wouldn't smile if this dessert was placed in front of them? Cute, lemony and chilled, this is the perfect summer's day treat! —Jackie Pressinger, Stuart, Florida
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine ice cream and drink mix; cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds, lemon peel and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in blueberries.
- 3. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat into a 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-in. star-shaped cutter.
- 4. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- 5. To assemble, split cakes in half. Place cake bottoms on dessert plates. Top each bottom layer with a scant 1/4 cup of ice cream mixture. Replace shortcake tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 282 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Shortcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC