Lemon Blueberry Shortcakes Recipe
Who wouldn't smile if this dessert was placed in front of them? Cute, lemony and chilled, this is the perfect summer's day treat! Jackie Pressinger Stuart, Florida
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine ice cream and drink mix; cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds, lemon peel and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in blueberries.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat into a 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-in. star-shaped cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- To assemble, split cakes in half. Place cake bottoms on dessert plates. Top each bottom layer with a scant 1/4 cup of ice cream mixture. Replace shortcake tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Blueberry Shortcakes in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p21
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Shortcakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Ice Cream >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream Cakes >
- Ice Cream Cake >
- Ice Cream Cake Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >