- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour. In another bowl, mix the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined. Fold in blueberry mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake
Sort By :
"This cake is delicious-moist and flavorful. I added a bit more fresh lemon zest to the cake batter and also added some on top of the cake after I drizzled it with the icing. I will definitely make this again."
"I have been making this recipe since it was put in the Taste of Homes magazine... and my family and I love it every time!! I have adjusted it by putting a little more blueberries and lemon zest because my Mum loves more blueberries. Other than that, I have had no problem with the recipe. Plus it smells awesome when baking and in the winter when making it, heats the house up real well. Would recommend to ladies that want to impress their friends with this delightful, delish, springy tasting Bundt cake!"
"Made this for Easter dinner. Excellent! Followed recipe exactly except that I added 1 tsp lemon extract and cut vanilla extract to 1 tsp. A little dense but very moist cake and blueberries were evenly distributed and did not sink to the bottom. Also added extra lemon zest to cake and to the icing as well- perfect! Everyone had a second slice- will definitely make again!"
"Was easy and we have enjoyed every bite. Would recommend. Will definitely make it again."
"Very tasty! My husband loved it...I did too."