- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour. In another bowl, mix the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined. Fold in blueberry mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack; cool for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Gradually brush onto warm cake, about one-third at a time, allowing glaze to soak into cake before adding more. Cool completely. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake(10)
Sort By :
So tasty! Easy to make and looks great. Best when still barely warm...no ice cream or other topping necessary.
Very good. Will make again.
I cut this recipe in half to prepare for my husband and I. I prepared it in a loaf pan and it was very delicious! This is one of our new favorites.
Wow! My husband flipped over this cake! I did not have a tube pan, so I used two 9" round pans. I expanded on the glaze to make it into a frosting: I added 4 oz of cream cheese, and 5 or so tablespoons of butter and whipped it all together. This made an excellent cake perfect.
I made this a couple of weeks and it was great! I love to bake desserts with fruit. It was also easy to make. It will be something that I make over and over again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bundt Cake Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >