Pair a slice of this moist cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It's a staple at our family barbecues. —Rebecca Little, Park Ridge, Illinois
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour. In another bowl, mix the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined. Fold in blueberry mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review