- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour. In another bowl, mix the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined. Fold in blueberry mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake
Sort By :
"Amazing, moist and delicious. I used Partridge Berries (Newfoundland) and it was great. However, the lemon would be a better combination with the sweetness of the blueberries than Partridge Berries or Cranberries."
"I don't know who is rating this because both my mom and I made this and had issues. The outer edges were very crusty for both of us. Mine took 90 minutes to bake and the center was still too soft. (No my oven is not off) Not enough lemon taste, perhaps a lemon extract rather than vanilla might work. I'd be interested to trying to make it in a loaf pan instead of the fluted pan."
"Made it and loved it!!!!"
"Loved it just the way it is!"
"Very good. My husband loves lemon flavor and he loved it. I followed the recipe as called for other than substituting 1 tsp of lemon extract for 1 tsp vanilla as others suggested."