Lemon Blueberry Pie
"When blueberries are ripe, I find every way possible to enjoy them," notes Patricia Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. Her tart delicious pie proves the point!
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a saucepan, combine eggs, sugar, butter, lemon juice and peel;
- cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until mixture is
- thickened, about 20 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Pour into pie shell.
- In a saucepan, toss blueberries and sugar. Combine the cornstarch and
- orange juice until smooth; add to blueberries. Cook over medium heat
- until mixture comes to a boil, about 8 minutes, stirring gently.
- Cook 2 minutes longer. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon over lemon layer. Chill for 4-6 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 446 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 195 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium,