Lemon Blueberry Pie Recipe
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a saucepan, combine eggs, sugar, butter, lemon juice and peel; cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into pie shell.
- In a saucepan, toss blueberries and sugar. Combine the cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; add to blueberries. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, about 8 minutes, stirring gently. Cook 2 minutes longer. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon over lemon layer. Chill for 4-6 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Pie(3)
Sort By :
This pie is excellent! I make it every summer. The real lemony flavour pairs well with the blueberries & the touch of orange juice flavouring.
This has to be one of my favorite pies and it is so refreshing in the summer.