Lemon Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup lemon yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups blueberries, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk egg, 1/2 cup yogurt, milk, oil and lemon juice until blended. Combine the flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center. Pour yogurt mixture into the well; stir just until moistened. Gently fold in 1 cup blueberries.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with remaining yogurt and blueberries. Yield: 8 pancakes,4 servings, 2 per serving.
One serving (2 pancakes with yogurt and blueberries equals 283 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 809 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 reduce-fat milk, 1/2 fruit.