When my sister and I spent the night at our grandmother's house, we often requested these muffins for breakfast. Today, I bake them for my kids. The very aroma is a trip down memory lane. —Kris Michels, Walled Lake, Michigan
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk egg and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Combine lemon peel and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Blueberry Muffins in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p33
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review