Lemon Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk egg and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Combine lemon peel and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Muffins(13)
Sort By :
Found them to be dry. Will try again and make a few adjustments.
I've been making these muffins since they were first published in taste of home, several years ago. Love them. I usually grate up the rind from the whole lemon and double the sugar for the topping as it's so good. Otherwise, I follow the recipe exactly. So good warmed up for 15 seconds in the microwave.
Yum! Super easy to make and very tasty.
Just made these on my lunch hour. Very quick and easy, and really delicious. I followed the recipe as is (except I doubled it) and am very pleased with how they turned out!
I have made these a dozen times and they are great........I make in large batches and freeze them for a later date. I also add a lemon glaze over the top of the muffin. The best and easiest muffin out there to make. I have had no problem following the recipe as written.......thanks Kris from a fellow Michigander!!!