Lemon Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk egg and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Combine lemon peel and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Sort By :
"I have been making these for years and they are to die for! Always get compliments. Be careful to use only the yellow rind of the lemon and not the white pith."
"I didn't have any bisquick in the house so I used a recipe for homemade bisquick. (2cup (125 g) flour, 3 teaspoons (8 g) baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoon (15 g) shortening, oil, or melted butter, mix dry ingredients and then cut in the shortening/oil or melted butter) After I added the sour cream and egg this batter was very, very dry I had to add 2 tbs lemon juice and enough milk to make a half cup of additional liquid. That made the batter just the right consistency. Overall I thought these muffins were really tasty and easy to make. Next time I will have Bisquick on hand to see if it works without the addition of the extra liquid."
"They were not sweet enough. After the first batch I started using 3/4 cup of sugar. Great base recipe though! I used it to make banana walnut and chocolate chip also."
"my kids INHALED these!! Doubled the recipe so that I could keep extras in the freezer for a quick on go breakfast. After baking, I also drizzled them with a glaze of lemon juice and powdered sugar for an extra citrus punch. This one is a keeper for sure!!"
"Found them to be dry. Will try again and make a few adjustments."