- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm scones. Yield: 14 scones.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Drop Scones
Sort By :
"These are the best!! I add a little more sugar to the batter as I like them just a tad sweeter. I get complements every time I make them."
"These are really good. I have never had nor made scones before but these are delicious and I'm not a fan a blueberries. I do agree with other reviewers that they need more lemon flavor. Next time I will add lemon juice in the mix and double the zest....Also double the glaze.I just made these again because I had leftover blueberries, but after I mixed the first 6 ingredients I realized I had no lemon yogurt so I used sour cream instead, still delicious! I also added more lemon zest and more lemon juice to enhance the flavor. I say this second batch is better but I liked the texture more of the first batch, but my mom likes the texture of the second batch so either way you can't really go wrong!"
"These are really good. For those of you who want more of a lemon taste. I fresh squeezed a whole lemon after zesting it. Used enough juice for the glaze and then dumped the rest in the batter. I also did the same with the zest. I think it was close to double the amount of zest and a couple of tablespoons of juice. Very lemony and very good :)"
"Will not make again!"
"Simple to make and a great texture. I did think it needed more lemon flavor. I'm adding more zest and some lemon extract next time to see if that helps."