- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups (24 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, butter and oil. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill.
- In a blender, cover and process cottage cheese and sugar until smooth. While processing, slowly add cooled gelatin. Pour into crust; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water until smooth. Add 1 cup blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice; cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake; remove sides of pan. Spread the blueberry mixture over the top. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
Sort By :
This is a refreshing dessert and a good way for cheesecake lovers to go a little lighter. I used low-fat cottage cheese as opposed to non-fat. Add a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!
This is a good recipe that I will definitely make again. I didn't give it all five stars because I think it's iffy calling it a cheesecake. It's more of gelatin pie in consistency. I was surprised at the reviewer who said it was grainy--perhaps that reviewer didn't process the cottage cheese enough? I found it to be very smooth and silky. The lemon flavor is a little light for my taste, so next time I will take the other reviewer's hint to add lemon zest to kick the flavor up a notch. On the whole, a good and very simple dessert that the household enjoyed but commented that I should work with the recipe a little. I'll definitely do that. It's a keeper.
Made this recently after spying it in the comfort food diet cookbook. Both my husband and I loved it. It turned out light and silky. A refreshing summer dessert that's not as heavy and cloying as regular cheesecake can be. Love that it's an easy no bake recipe too! I used low fat cottage cheese instead of nonfat. Each slice has just 5 WW PointsPlus which is nice.
Made this cheesecake for Christmas was GOOD
Family loved it! There were no left overs after it was brought out. It had a great flavor, and if made properly is a wonderful, easy dessert.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cheesecakes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >