Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups (24 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, butter and oil. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill.
- 2. In a blender, cover and process cottage cheese and sugar until smooth. While processing, slowly add cooled gelatin. Pour into crust; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. For topping, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water until smooth. Add 1 cup blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice; cool slightly.
- 4. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 5. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake; remove sides of pan. Spread the blueberry mixture over the top. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 171 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.