- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Bread
Sort By :
Made these today. Very moist and delicious!!
This was a fantastic recipe. Followed directions exactly and bread disappeared quickly. To the reviewer who said their blueberries fell to bottom of the pan. The solution is to reserve 1 Tablespoon of your flour and put in sandwich bag then add your completely dry blueberries and coat them. This prevents them from falling to the bottom of your pan.
This is a bread you could take anywhere and be proud. Thank you to the person who took the time to post/share with me.
Flavor was very good but the blueberries sunk to the bottom. Not really happy with that.
The very best lemon blueberry bread I have ever made. Made it for the 4th of July, everyone loved it. Making it again today. I triple it each time and it turns out great.
Fragrant and moist - I've made this bread several times now and it is consistently delicious!