- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Bread
"Great recipe! Everyone who i make this for loves it. I used the throwaway aluminum container and it worked perfectly fine. i found it needed to cook a bit longer (but my oven is a bit off). Couple of tips- when the top was getting a bit brown, i put a piece of aluminum foil on top, and it ruined the beautiful top when i took it off, so i decided to just lower the temp a bit and it seemed to do the trick. next time i wont put any foil on top. also flour the blueberries before mixing in so they dont fall to the bottom :)"
"Yes, butter and flour a glass bread pan. 50 minutes baking seems pretty fine, in my oven (test with toothpick). Then 10 minutes rest time in the pan on a wire rack. Finally, cut out of the pan and cool on the rack. The bread is super, and glaze is not needed, but would probably be excellent, too!"
"Excellent!! Made bread and glaze according to recipe. First time I made it in metal loaf pan and evidently did not grease pan adequately-lost the entire top of bread. Now I use a Pyrex loaf pan and spray bottom and sides. Also need to wait t least 10 minutes before inverting., It is easy and delicious! I Before serving-I warm it a few seconds in the microwave and put a little butter mixed with a good quality blueberry jam on it----really good!!"
"Added a few extra blueberries, it was delicious!"
"This bread is outstanding! I've made it numerous times since the recipe was first published in 1995 and it always brings plenty of compliments. It's definitely a family favorite! As a volunteer Field Editor for TOH, I highly recommend it."
"I made this bread for a church function and it went together so fast that I decided to make another one for my family. It is so good. I'm not even a big fan of lemon and I loved it. With the fresh lemon peel and juice it is such a great quick bread. Will be making this again."
"I made the blueberry bread into Blueberry Muffins. I didn't made the glaze for the top. I did add more berries then the recipe call for. They were delicious, my husband took them to work and passed them out to co-workers. Several people ask for the recipe. This will be my go to recipe for Blueberry Muffins. Thanks, Taste of Home cooks."
"Can't say I followed the recipe to a T as I had half a lime and didn't know what to do with it. I followed the recipe as written but used lemon-lime juice and peel. This is a wonderful recipe and will definitely make again!"
"Fabulous! Turns out perfectly every time."