- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, egg, melted butter and lemon peel until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Drop by 1/3 cupfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until light brown.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Biscuits
Sort By :
"These were really good and quick to make. The few we had left over were just as good a day later."
"Easy, tasty and not too sweet. Everyone loved them!"
"Jersey blueberries are in season, so any recipe with blueberries is on my radar now. Well, these are one of the best things I have ever made from this magazine which I've been getting for years! My husband was crazy about them! He called them a perfect cross between a scone and a muffin. They are easy, fabulous, and I will make them over and over again! And I froze some Jersey blueberries, so I can make them in the winter! I also thought the batter seemed a bit dry, but I baked them for just 15 minutes and they came out golden brown and incredibly moist! Fantastic recipe!"
"Made this because I had just picked up some fresh blueberries at the farmer market; such an amazingingly refreshing recipe! My husband, who usually does not care for sweets, loved this recipe and I had rave reviews from a couple moms I had over for a playdate. The lemon glaze is the "icing on the cake" and added the right amount of sweetness to them."