Lemon Blackberry Parfaits Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in lemon mixture and 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon half of the cream cheese mixture into six parfait glasses. Top with half of the berries and half of the cracker crumbs. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped topping. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 parfait equals 292 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.