Lemon Berry Trifle
For this trifle, if fresh berries are not available, the quick-frozen varieties will doas will peaches or nectarines. It's a simple-to-make sweet perfect for summer.Nanci Keatley, Salem, Oregon
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 cup whipping topping, divided
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries
- Lemon peel, optional
- Place cake cubes in a 2-qt. serving bowl or individual dishes.
- Combine yogurt and 3/4 cup whipped topping; spoon over cake. Top
- with berries. Top with remaining whipped topping and lemon peel if
- desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.