For this trifle, if fresh berries are not available, the quick-frozen varieties will do—as will peaches or nectarines. It's a simple-to-make sweet perfect for summer.—Nanci Keatley, Salem, Oregon
Recommended: Top 10 Trifle Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 cup whipping topping, divided
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries
- Lemon peel, optional
- Place cake cubes in a 2-qt. serving bowl or individual dishes. Combine yogurt and 3/4 cup whipped topping; spoon over cake. Top with berries. Top with remaining whipped topping and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Berry Trifle in Country Woman July/August 1998, p37
Reviews forLemon Berry Trifle
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2015
"I made this for a Christmas in July gathering. It was a real hit. I used a trifle bowl and made two layers. I mixed some lemon peel in with the yogurt/cool whip mixture."