For this trifle, if fresh berries are not available, the quick-frozen varieties will do—as will peaches or nectarines. It's a simple-to-make sweet perfect for summer.—Nanci Keatley, Salem, Oregon
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 cup whipping topping, divided
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries
- Lemon peel, optional
- Place cake cubes in a 2-qt. serving bowl or individual dishes. Combine yogurt and 3/4 cup whipped topping; spoon over cake. Top with berries. Top with remaining whipped topping and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Berry Trifle in Country Woman July/August 1998, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Berry Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2015
"I made this for a Christmas in July gathering. It was a real hit. I used a trifle bowl and made two layers. I mixed some lemon peel in with the yogurt/cool whip mixture."