Lemon Berry Pie Recipe
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and sugar until blended. Add lemon juice and lemon peel; mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Carefully spread into crust. Set aside 4 strawberries. Cut remaining strawberries in half and place over cream cheese mixture.
- 2. In a bowl, place the remaining milk; whisk in pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping. Spoon over strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and reserved strawberries. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 260 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Lemon Berry Pie
"I ended up chopping up the strawberries and adding a bit of sugar, but with the cream cheese layer, it's sweet enough so you don't need to add sugar to the strawberries. I also sprinkled coconut over the top because we love coconut. It was a big hit for a dinner party."