Lemon Berry Cake Recipe
From Chester, Maryland, Karen Ehatt adds tangy taste to a plain yellow cake mix with lemon gelatin and blueberries. "Serve warm with a dollop of sweet whipped cream," she suggests.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- Confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream or topping, optional
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in lemon peel. Pour into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries. In a small bowl, whisk gelatin and water until gelatin is dissolved. Slowly pour over batter.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 33-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake layer comes out with moist crumbs (cake will set upon cooling). Cool slightly on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Berry Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC