These kabobs from Jane Turner of Canton, Ohio bring the bright flavor of lemon to the table without having to heat up the kitchen. You’ll love the mix of tender meat and mushrooms with vibrant green pepper.
Recommended: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pearl onions
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add beef and mushrooms. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Drain and discard marinade and bay leaf.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 kabobs.
Originally published as Lemon Beef Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p53
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Lemon Beef Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review