Lemon Beans with Prosciutto Recipe
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, julienned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook prosciutto in oil over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the wine, lemon juice and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- 3. Meanwhile, place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add beans to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with prosciutto just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 127 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Beans with Prosciutto
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.