There’s nothing ordinary about these green beans. Prosciutto and white wine make them decadent and special. —Lori Wiese, Humboldt, Minnesota
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, julienned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook prosciutto in oil over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- In the same skillet, combine the wine, lemon juice and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add beans to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with prosciutto just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Beans with Prosciutto in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p47
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Beans with Prosciutto
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 2, 2012
"I loved this! Would pair well with a variety of dishes and is perfect for company. Great recipe!"