Lemon Basil Tea
Our Test Kitchen experts sure know how to brew a great cup of tea! Infused with basil and lemon, this oh-so-drinkable recipe tastes as good as it smells.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons English breakfast or other black tea leaves
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add
- the basil, lemon peel and tea leaves; cover and steep for 4 minutes.
- Strain, discarding basil, lemon peel and tea leaves. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 0 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.