Lemon-Basil Snow Peas Recipe
“Sugar snap peas are a delicious vegetable that often gets overlooked,” notes Mitzi Sentiff in Annapolis, Maryland. “We love the flavor of this crunchy side dish and its splash of lemon with broiled fish, chicken or pork.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh snow peas
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add snow peas and yellow pepper;saute for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; saute 1 minute longer. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 71 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC