- 2 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place each fillet, skin side down, on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Mix remaining ingredients; spoon 2 teaspoons mixture over each fillet. Fold foil around fish, sealing tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 10-12 minutes. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Top with remaining butter mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Basil Salmon
"Just made this for dinner. My picky husband said it was the best meal that I have ever cooked. Wow!!! I ended up doubling the sauce and did 4 TBS of everything in a foil pack. Cooked it in oven at 400 degrees for 25 min. It was amazing and loaded with flavor. It was so moist and juicy that the salmon just fell apart . This recipe is definitely a keeper."
"Good, but not a lot of flavor. I prefer sweet, glaze type marinades for salmon. But if you have leftovers of this recipe, it makes great salmon patties."
"Seems every recipe for salmon is cooked on a grill, is there no other way to prepare salmon for those that do not own a grill ??"